A bit about me:
I am a dynamic and creative UX designer with experience of working on international brands, working in a fast paced colaborative environment. I am a hands on individual who isn’t afriad of a pen and paper who can work through the full UX lifecycle from research to design utilising all elements of a user centered design process to create innovative cross platform experiences.
I espcially enjoy learning, pushing new ways of working, as well as employing empathetic research techniques & persuasion design principles in my work to create truly business & user focussed experiences.
- Short listed for Ideal Home Show 2009 concept product exhibition
- Selected for Art-s-talker e creative directory as top 30 graduates launched at London Design Festival 2009
My technical skills:
Specialist Software: Axure, OminGraffle, SilverBack, Optimal Workshop, Survey Monkey, MailChimp
Adobe creative suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, basic Flash
Photography: Digital photography, composition, re-touching & editing
Programming Languages: CSS, HTML
A few of the things I know:
User research: Workshops,interviews, surveys, user journeys, task models, card sorting, tree testing, ethnographic research
Developing Ideas: Personas, storyboards, sketching, experience prototypes, affinity diagrams, wireframing
Branding: Brand audits, standards & guidelines, brand identity, brand strategy
Graphic Design: Page layout & design, colour theory, basic typography
My education so far:
Sept 2006 – Sept 2009 :
University of Plymouth - Product Design 2:1
Places I have worked:
Code Computerlove: July 2012 – present
I work to help research, plan and design engaging user experiences for Code’s digital solutions, utilising all elements of the User-Centred Design process.
While at Code I have been responsible for leading and supporting the delivery of a varied of projects developing UX solutions for CBBC, CBeebies, Travis Perkins, Oxfam & the Woodland Trusts.
My main responsibilities include:
- Managing stakeholder interviews & workshops to determine business /site objectives;
- Conducting user research to define audience needs;
- Carrying out heuristic site reviews;
- Conducting competitor research;
- Facilitating multi-discipline ideation sessions;
- Utilising UCD best practices to develop personas, scenarios and user journeys;
- Developing sitemaps, functional specifications, content requirements & persuasion strategies;
- Facilitating multi-discipline solution design sessions;
- Sketching & storyboarding screen layouts and interaction ideas;
- Creating interactive prototypes & wireframes;
- Carrying out a varied range usability testing throughout the design process.
Paydata ltd: October 2010 – July 2012
During my time at Paydata I designed a new company website as well as overseeing a full rebrand of the company.
My Key Responsibilities Included:
- Gathering business and user requirements through planning and running stakeholder workshops, surveys and interviews;
- Carrying out competitor benchmarking;
- Working on content strategy & requirements, developing user personas, task models and user journeys;
- Developing site maps with stakeholders using card sorting and Optimal Workshop;
- Sketching screen layouts & storyboards and developing them into wireframes in Mock Flow;
- Conducting user testing using Optimal Workshop & contextual interviews;
- Developing final page designs using Adobe Illustrator;
- Presenting and explaining ideas to stakeholders and the external design team;
- Creating a brand strategy and identity with a full set of brand guidelines
Block Design: October 2009 – October 2010
My Key Responsibilities Included:
- Developing products from concept to market including packaging and POS materials;
- Carrying out factory visits to ascertain capabilities and cost;
- Sourcing product components;
- Carrying out lifestyle and product photography;
- Communicating with customers to arrange payment of invoices and to look into any problems experienced;
- Managing a small dispatch team taking care of customer orders.